Share your passion for scuba diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. As a divemaster you’ll supervise scuba diving activities and assist with scuba classes. PADI Divemaster is the first step in your diving career. *This course fee only covers your online training and assessments. Practical training, dives, dive equipment, training materials and application forms are available at additional fees via your PADI Dive Center.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
You may be able to get college credit for the Divemaster course – ask your instructor.